Thanks to the wonderful ideals of society and social conventions, games and activities have become an important part of the life of children as well as adults! But also thanks to society, these games that once used to be compulsory acts that kids had to sit through are now a part of the day that the same kids look forward to. Sooner or later, every child starts learning to have fun and lose himself or herself while playing these enthralling games!
The Cornhole is fast becoming one of the common and most interesting family outdoor backyard games. It requires just four players – two teams having two players on each side – and doesn’t cost much on your pocket. However, that does not make it a game for families alone; every other person can enjoy the game! The rules guiding Cornhole don’t require special skills to have the fun in it. So, how do you find the best cornhole set consumer report?
REVIEWS OF TOP 6 BEST CORNHOLE SETS IN 2019
Now, if you don’t get the right type of Cornhole set to buy though, things could get messier. Not all the Cornhole boards and beans bag will serve the same purpose. The nature of the game requires beans bag with minimal bounce back and rough surface for less slides: well-constructed boards with enough slippery surface.
Again, if you are looking for the best Cornhole set for the money, considering the price and quality, here are list of the 6 BEST CORNHOLE based on reviews by consumer report.
GoSports Cornhole PRO Regulation Size Bean Bag Toss Game Set
This one’s not that big, just over 4 feet in height. However, it comes in an official tournament size, complete with all that you need.
With an MDF surface and a unique portable folding feature – it folds out and up in seconds – it comes with 8 beans bag with all-weather fill. They are high-quality boards constructed in a way to give you the best experience in the game, making it among the best cornhole set on this list.
You can take it with you just about anywhere, from that camping trip you planned all along to those cookout sessions.
- Weighs about 15 pounds, so it is highly durable
- The set has 8 bean bags but 25 colors to choose from.
Quite expensive, making it difficult to afford.
Driveway Games All Weather Cornhole Set.
Have a backyard that you are looking to put to good use? This delightfully orange cornhole set makes the right noises if you are looking for an all-weather cornhole bag that you can use.
It’s kind of the same to GoSports Cornhole Bean Bag Toss when it comes to the surface quality and nature of the bean bags. However, it’s a bit wider. The frame of this product is made of aluminum serving a lightweight purpose, in line with the regulation sizing given by ACA. Yes, this is the one you’re looking for if there is a cornhole tournament soon. It’s made for professionals though, so unless you are well versed with the game, you might want to skip this one.
- It weighs about 31 pounds, light enough to carry about.
- Among the most durable and portable Cornhole board in the market.
- The bean bags are color-coded blue and red
- The MDF produces a loud noise when the bean bag lands on it because of its thinness.
- The bags and the MDF surface show signs of wear and tear which reduces their longevity.
GoSports Cornhole Bean Bag Toss Game Set
Love it for the aluminium frame or the U.S. make, you surely cannot take your eyes off this one!
With an American flag on it, this one strokes nationalism all the way. The board surface is made of MDF and its dimension is 4×2 also. The Cornhole comes with 8 all-weather duck cloth bean bags. They are slip-resistant; the tossed bag can stay put on the board after bouncing. Primarily, it’s a good option for compatriots who want to show off their national flag.
- Convenient to use under any weather condition.
- The carrying case is fairly durable and a shoulder strap attached to it for convenience.
- Asides the American flag, the board itself has also a vintage oak design adding to its aesthetics.
- The bean bags are not double-stitched, hence they are non-durable.
- They weigh about 42 pounds making them fairly heavy.
- In case there is a need for replacement, this Cornhole set has no additional bean bags.
GoSports classic Cornhole
One of the more portable options for you in the list, this one comes with foldable but thick metal legs that are sturdy and strong.
Unlike the ones above, this very type comes with a travel case. With portable folding legs and 8 all-weather regulation bean bags, it’s a delight. While a bit small at just over 3 feet in height, it is the best option for tailgaters and backyard BBQs.
- Maximizes durability, portability and game quality.
- High-strength aluminum board and double-lined bean bags with water-resistant MDF surfaces.
- The boards are folded flat and fit in carrying case.
- Not available for delivery using ships in some countries.
- Requires professional guidance for packing the boards into the carrying case.
GoSports Solid wood premium Cornhole set
Characterized by varnished wood surface and 8 all-weather duck cloth bean bags, it comes in a standard size. You can fold the Cornhole board legs – making it portable – and since the surface is varnished, you can paint a logo on it in order to customize it. It is well-suited for tournament-style play.
The Cornhole uses pine for the materials on the joints, making the actual boards rigid. For beginners in this sport, GoSports Solid wood premium is the best choice for practice.
- The bean bag weighs one pound allowing better control by the player.
- This product adheres to the sizing specifications of the American Cornhole Association.
- Fairly light weighted Cornhole board making it easy to carry about.
- The bags can be used when there is little rain without being damaged since they are weather-proof.
- No carrying case for the Cornhole boards thereby causing low storage capacity.
- The boards can bubble if there is no addition of finish on the surface to protect it from the rain.
Driveway Games All-weather Corntoss Bean bag
Made of a plastic bean bag with lightweight Cornhole boards, this one’s really light, though we wouldn’t say as environmentally friendly. On the plus side, you could take it out to play anywhere – even when it’s raining. It’s why it features in our list of the best cornhole set in 2019.
- Lightweight and convenient to carry about.
- Adheres to the ACA specifications.
- It has a heavy storage capacity
- The bean bag bounces little when it hits the board.
FAQs About Best Cornhole Set
- What is the Best Cornhole set you can buy?
Cornhole sets don’t just make the players mingle with each other but through its framework, stimulate the mental development of the child. It’s one game that is a pure pleasure and enjoyment for the whole family.
- What Should You Look for When Buying a Cornhole Set?
There are a lot of things to consider while purchasing the best cornhole set. Here are the few of them from a bunch:
- Quality of the boards and bags
- Pre-made or Custom manufactured
- Tournament or mere recreation purpose
- All-weather performance of the Cornhole set
- Choice for the right surface.
- Portability and durability.
- How To Play The Game Of Cornhole?
With the regulations given by the professional body of Cornhole game, American Cornhole Association (ACA), the Cornhole board should be made of wood. The board is raised at one end where the hole is located. The game is played by two teams consisting of two players each. Each team having a total of four bean bags of the same color. The bean bags are thrown at the Cornhole board alternatively by each player of the two teams.
If the bean bag reaches the Cornhole, the player wins 3 points but if it hits the board, 2 points are awarded. No point is awarded if it hits the ground. The team that first reaches 21 points emerges the winner. Suggestions have been made that siding would be provided so that bean bags would not be mistaken to pass through the hole whereas they went underneath the board. This feature is seen in recent Cornhole boards.
Conclusion – Which One Should You Buy?
Research shows that more than 81% of the families that indulge in cornhole have shown improved abilities within one month of playing the game. Many customers keep picking up the game wherever they go. Thanks to the compactness of cornhole accessories, this game is just as fun whether is played in the backyard or in the forest.
If you are looking for the best cornhole set by consumer report, we suggest you to go for the GoSports Classic Cornhole one. It’s got the classic looks, and is ideal for your house parties. What more do you want?
Some classic games are being forgotten by a majority of the population. But the power and the glory of cornhole has kept it alive. We are only too happy to help you get acquainted with one of the country’s best pastimes.